Hi All,

And while we are bitching about recruiters...

What is the worst cut you have seen in the industry?
For those people who don't deal with recruiters much there are two ways
they get their money.

The first is a one off cost to the employing company as a percentage of
the yearly salary

The second is a additional hourly rate added to your hourly rate which
is then charged to the employing company.

My worst are:

1) Paying a cut off the top to an agent (type 2) and then finding he
charged the employing company a one off charge (type 1). Essentially he
was double dipping.

2) Over 20% increase above my hourly rate charged to an employer.

3) A agent who convinced me to work on a daily rate while charging at a
hourly rate. My overtime went into his pocket.

Needless to say once these contracts were finished I moved.

Making a point to the employer on why you are leaving and making sure
they are aware that you stuck around to finish the project can mean
repeat business after the contract with the recruiters expires.

But NOT all recruiters have questionable morals. One in particular was
happy with what was a mutually acceptable rate. The relationship lasted
about 2 1/2 years, with multiple contract renewals, before she moved on.

Mark (No I'm not bitter, just wiser and less trusting)