On 04/10/06, Brian Sydney Jathanna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to install Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 on Sun Ultra Enterprise 2 server and it tries to load the cdrom driver but doesn't find it. Has anyone had any luck installing Ubuntu on Sun enterprise server? Can anyone give any hints on loading the cdrom driver on this system? Many thanks in advance.

It might sound like a crazy idea but how about trying to install Debian on this system?
I have no idea of how much Ubuntu's installer compares to Debian's but I am willing to bet a small amount that there is a good chance that Debian's installer (for Etch) might do a better job.

--P