Hi Craig,

(Who says you can't type and rock an almost sleeping baby!)

I had to upload my firmware (different scanner) and place it where:

/etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf

was looking for it, e,g.

# Change to the fully qualified filename of your firmware file, if
# firmware upload is needed by the scanner
firmware /usr/share/sane/snapscan/u96v121.bin

I had to create the 'sane' and 'snapscan' directories and make sure my user profile included 'scanner' access.

If someone else has another fix, great! If not and you need a hand, get back to me.

There is also some useful info here:

http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps.

Regards,