Kevin Saenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered the following thing:
> I am looking at using Asterisk for home.
>
> I have a VOIP wireless DSL router. Do I have to have any other
> specific piece of hardware?
>
> I would like to have a linux box running Asterisk that will manage
> all the incoming and out going calls, that way I could also pre-empt
> the bill I will get charged in the following month.
>
> I would like to use my desktops as phones. That means that my PCs
> (both windows and Linux)
> and Notebook Pro will need to be able to answer the call and allow us
> to talk back.
>
> Is what I am planning possible?

Not a problem at all. The setup for this can be quite involved - your
best bet would be going with a dedicated Asterisk distribution such as
Trixbox. It will install a Redhat based OS on a machine (wiping
everything else!) with all the asterisk goodies you'll need to get
started. www.trixbox.org has all the goodies.

BB