On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 04:22:27PM +1000, Simon Males wrote:
> It's been brought to my attention that the Linksys NSLU2 runs Linux
> and that there are projects in existence creating custom firmware.

It also runs L4 quite nicley; if you're looking for a challenge you
could shadow the advanced operating systems course from UNSW [1] or
play with some of the ERTOS stuff [2].  You'll want a serial header
which is fun to hardware hack, but careful you don't fry it if you
don't have JTAG equipment; I speak from experience :(.

[1] http://cgi.cse.unsw.edu.au/~cs9242/06/
[2] http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au/

-i