On 2006.11.03 10:29 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi
A customer has told me he has heard of this anti-spam technique.
Will I implement it for them?
Any body got any pointers for me please.
Heck it would be a nice slug solution too:

* You send me an email

* If your address is in my white-database no further ado

* If it is not in my DB I reject the mail, send you a reply
explaining, with an attached obscure image of a number.

* You send me another mail with that number as the subject
and your address is whitelisted.

Heck, why not just use Dan Bernstein's qmail which can be configured (more or less) to do precisely that. And break every email protocol in the known universe -- but that's just DJB.

Or use spamassassin ... or greylisting ... or subscriber only ... or just about anything.

Better yet. Don't give out your email address to **anyone**

Robert Thorsby