Lindsay Holmwood wrote:
On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 01:33:43PM +1100, Michael Lake wrote:
Alan Harper wrote:
*puts on fireproof suit*
Why bother with perl when you know python? :)
Try installing Python eggs compared to installing Perl modules.
No wonder the Python packages are called eggs - they break easily :-)

Python programmers don't know not to bother with eggs because there's
Debian. :-)

Indeed. In all seriousness though I've heard this a lot of times, from a number of senior Python personalities (not Guido though).

I can't help but wonder if it hurts Python in the long wrong, because it makes it harder for people to play if they are in strange and unusual places (and I don't just mean Win32 here).

Adam K