On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 11:40:14AM +1100, Robert Thorsby wrote:
> There is also another new one (which is present on a number of
> mailing lists) that commences with an image.

The only ones spamassassin has missed for me lately is a bunch of
stock scam image based ones with random text.  I heartily recommend
the FuzzyOcr [1] plugin, which passes images through gocr and picks
out scam words.

A quick grep shows it has helped flag 200 of the 1100 spams I've
received over the past 2 weeks.

I sometimes wonder if "smart" spammers don't mind these arms wars,
because as we cull each new threat we do the work of reducing their
competition for them ...

-i

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FuzzyOcrPlugin