I'll add my 2c - I bought an o2 Atom PDA/Phone about 6 months ago, and
it's a decision I'm quite happy with, despite it being a Windows Mobile
device.  I honestly have no idea how I lived without it before.

http://www.seeo2.com/product/XdaAtomExec/template/Product.vm

The Atom is a very small, slim phone/PDA, which was the biggest reason why I
bought it.  Previously I've used small phones + larger PDA's via
bluetooth (both a Linux Zaurus, and other Palm/Windows PDA's), and
I'd often leave the thing home because of the bulk of a normal sized PDA
+ a phone, so it wasn't utilised effectively, and I saw little to no
benefit to owning a PDA.

I use my Atom *all* the time.  Yes, it's a Windows Mobile device, and oh
yes, it's buggy as hell.  I reset the phone at least once a week, it
does stupid stupid shit, and I do get frustrated with the thing at
times, but overall it's actually a pretty sweet device, and it's the
least buggy Windows Mobile device I've used (with latest firmware et
al), which at least says something.  It's a phone, PDA, voice recorder,
MP3 player, in-car GPS navigation (*so* bloody useful), basic web
browser/ssh client via wifi or gprs, occasional game unit, etc.

I hate to say it, but the convenience wins over the frustration - it's
made my life a heck of a lot easier since owning it.

Talk to me 12 months ago about owning a Windows Mobile device (or even
repeating the immediate last sentence I just wrote) and I'd have argued
with you the opposite until I was blue in the face :-)

I'm really looking forward to Trolltech's phone stuff - if somebody
releases a hackable Linux PDA/phone around the size of the Atom, and it
ran a pretty sweet PDA application stack (I was never impressed with
Linux as a PDA on my Zaurus, but it still makes for one hell of a cool
geek toy), I'd buy one in an instant.

I'm really hoping that'll happen in 2007.