[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
2. I have begun development using Qt, as my X/Motif/Tk book is about a decade old - there are so many IDE's, does anyone think this environment has a future in the workplace?

As a user I'm finding much of the open source GUI stuff that I download and have to compile is written with wxWindows. I suspect that that is because many open source programmers dont have the full, pay for Qt libraries to develop with. wxWindows has bindings for Python, Perl and C++. It's web page http://www.wxwindows.org now seems to redirect to http://www.wxwidgets.org
Using wxWindows your one app will work on Linux, MacOSX and Windows.

Mike
--
Michael Lake
Computational Research Support Unit