On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 05:42:59PM +1100, Sonia Hamilton wrote:
> I (well my boss actually) want to convert several hundred html pages to
> pdf - what's the easiest way to do this? Any pointers, ideas?
>
> I guess I'm looking for a tool like pdf2html (but going in the reverse
> direction).
>
> I've found a php module called html2pdf [1] - just wondering if there's
> a stand alone tool callable from the shell.
>
> [1] http://directory.fsf.org/print/misc/html2pdf.html

I've used mozilla2ps before to do this, then hooked it into ps2pdf for
the final output. html2ps doesn't really cut it, with the output looking
a bit wishy-washy if you're doing anything complicated (tables, divs,
etc).

If you're looking for good quality output it's the only choice, however
be prepared to wait around a bit for it to generate the pages (it starts
up the entire gecko engine before loading the page, then it prints it)

You'll need xulrunner underneath, and the moz2ps website[0] explains
how to set up everything.

The syntax of xulrunner/moz2ps is a bit finicky, but if you follow the
configuration docs to the letter you should be ok.

Good luck!
Lindsay

[0] http://michele.pupazzo.org/mozilla2ps/

--