Dean Hamstead wrote:
cat your resolv.conf (cat /etc/resolv.conf)

then test each server by hand

ie

nslookup google.com 256.256.256.256

where the obviously wrong ip address is the nslookup server

are you using a billion router? i found that its internal name
server was 100% happy with windows but it seriously didnt like
unix clients.

Dean
My parents Dlink modem/router handled dns fine on Doze, but I had the same problem as described in this thread on Ubuntu. To fix it I just set the ip statically and tried a few different dns servers until I found the best performing one and shoved it in /etc/resolv.conf

Since then, we have all noticed Ubuntu / firefox returning pages faster than their old Doze install.

Hope that helps some

Tuxta