Hi Sonia,

This may not help at all, but (in KDE) if you open the mixer and select the switches option, have you got the 'headphone jack sensor' switched on or selected?

Regards,

Patrick

Sonia Hamilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:38:35 +1100
slug@slug.org.au
I have a problem with sound on my laptop, that commenced with my upgrade
to Ubuntu Edgy - any hints on how to troubleshoot it?

The problem is that when I plug in headphones, the sound keeps playing
out the laptop speakers, thus annoying other people who have to listen
to my atrocious taste in music :-) On previous version of Ubuntu,
plugging in headphones would stop the sound coming out the laptop
speakers.

I've tried all the settings in System -> Preferences -> Sound (ALSA,
OSD, OSS) - no effect.

The chipset is Intel ICH6.

--
Registered Linux User 368634