Sonia Hamilton wrote:
Is there a way of configuring ssh, so that if someone ssh's into my
machine, I can connect back and get into their machine? (Linux to
Linux).

Reason: I'm going to convert my dad's pc to Ubuntu (he's shipping it to
me), I'm having trouble connecting thru the Hel$tra network and his ADSL
modem. But if I could get him to ssh to me and I could get back in...

(today I spent 3 hours on voip with him, trying to remote desktop into
his 'doze box. It took that long just to get port 22 & 3389 forwarded
on the modem, dyndns config'd and him setup with an a/c on 'doze
messenger. Couldn't tcptraceroute him on 22 or 3389 tho. Oh the
pain....).

You can also use ssh port forwarding when he connects to you so that it points to his SSH port and a port on your machine. Then you can just SSH locally (to the appropriate port), and there you go.

Wow, talk about a dodgy description.

metrics