On 12/17/06, Peter Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have installed a machine as Ubuntu i386, but its cpu is actually
amd64.  Is there a way to reinstall all the patches as amd64, or do I
have to blow it away and install again from scratch?

You would have to install from scratch I think, every single package
containing native binary code on your system will be compiled for your
architecture, it's not as simple as one small component.

You can however, choose to run a 64bit kernel with an entirely 32bit
userland though. I'm not sure if there are any benefits to this
approach.

-Michael