Hi all,

I received a new macbook yesterday and am trying to install a distribution called Studio 64 - http://64studio.com/. I haven't found specific instructions to get this going on such a machine, so have been cobbling an approach from http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook (as Studio 64 is Debian based).

I run into a problem at the GRUB install section; so have attempted to follow the following instructions from the above site:
<quote>
"One solution I used is to start the installation, partition your hard disk, reboot and do the gtpsync with the refit shell and then install

Switch back to the first virtual console by pressing ctrl-option-F1 and select <Go back> in response to the "Install the GRUB boot loader to the master boot record". Choose "Install the LILO boot loader on a hard disk" from the main menu and choose /dev/sda3 for the LILO installation target. Do not install LILO to the MBR! When the installer asks if you want to make this partition active, choose "No." "
</quote>

The catch is, there is no such option in the install menu of Studio 64, either basic install or "expert" mode. To my question at last! How would I carry out the LILO install to /dev/sda3 from a virtual terminal? I have looked at info at http://bin-false.org/?p=17 regarding setting up a /etc/lilo.conf and running "lilo -b /dev/ sda" (although the section before that about "parted" is a mystery to me). Thought I'd ask before going any further to avoid making OSX unbootable (a good thing some might say but I have also just received a metric halo 2882 mobile audio interface and _need_ to play).

Long post sorry - next step is to ask the 64 studio devel list of course.

Cheers,

Denis

Dr Denis Crowdy
Department of Contemporary Music Studies
Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109, Australia
+61 2 9850 6787
http://www.motekulo.net  http://www.melanesianmusic.org