Hi Peter,

Thanks for the refs.

Your comment about the ABC is why I was looking for referrals to sites that other people had used and found to be reputable and easy to use/download etc . There are too many to try out (and my credit card has a limit :))

Regards,

Patrick

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"elliott-brennan" == elliott-brennan  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

elliott-brennan> Hi all,

elliott-brennan> So, I'm interested as to whether there are sites that
elliott-brennan> legitimately allow me to pay for and download
elliott-brennan> contemporary music that I can just burn and play?

search google for mp3.

Local sites include:
        http://triplej.destramusic.com/
for the kind of stuff from tripleJ.

And http://www.mp3.com/
has a large selection.  I've only ever downloaded free songs from them
--- There's always an issue of trust buying from overseas --- buying from
the ABC there's a chance of getting things fixed if they go wrong;
There's an Australian mob I havn't tried: http://www.mp3.com.au/

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia