<quote who="Alex Samad">

> A quick peruse of the logitech site, shows that they now have the quickcam
> 5000.  I am guessing I am not going to run into any gotcha's with this or
> even any of the other models (they use the same sort of interface to the
> hardware ie not usb hardware interface, but the way the software talks to
> the cam?)

Never guess, always check. Consumer hardware changes by the second. Vendors
will even change the innards without changing the model number if there are
component shortages. While the 4000 is *great* on Linux (I have one too), I
would strongly suggest testing a 5000 before you buy.

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

                             He's not an idiot.