Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
The problem with many VoIP manufacturers is that they have an electronics and not a telephony background. Companies which have proven track records in telecommunications are far more likely to produce a product that is reliable and better tailored to suit the needs of consumers, particularly in the corporate space.

I concur with Sridhar.

During my days at Cisco in 2000 they did the huge "we're all going VOIP internally" rollout, to eat their own dogfood.

Even with the entire company relying on it, even with executives badgering them, even with all the experience and talent available in Cisco's own internal network operations groups, they STILL took 6 months to really bring the phone system back to fixed-line levels of stability.

The first month was utter hell.

Telephony is HARD.

So go with experience when you can.

Adam K