Hi all,

Recently I put an order in with Exetel to get ADSL2+ on my phone number.
I received an email back from Exetel saying that Telstra has issued a "Telstra Rejection Advice Report" on the phone number and it is not portable from the Telstra network to Optus!

There are two things wrong with this.
1. I thought that numbers were supposed to be portable by law.
2. My number USED to be an Optus number originally but I changed over to Telstra as a provider ages ago and kept the same (Optus) number. It was not hard for Telstra to take ownership of the number from Optus back then.

Just a general question for the list for any ideas/options on how I tackle this?
Thanks,
Ben