On 19/02/07, Christopher Vance <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 2/19/07, Howard Lowndes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is out of the script that I an calling from cron:
>
> ldapdelete -x -D uid=admin,dc=$DB -w secret
> cn=nospam$MONTH_NOW,ou=valias,dc=$DB &1>/dev/null &2>1
>
> and this is the outout I get:
>
> ldap_delete: No such object (32)
>          matched DN: ou=valias,dc=lannet.com.au

You need to read the manual page for shell syntax for redirections.

Hint: assuming the wraparound is in mail only, and that the 'secret'
is on the same line as 'cn=' you have three commands there.  The first
command is ldapdelete, with no redirections, so cron sees the output
(or maybe stderr).  The second command redirects only stdout, but
doesn't produce any output anyway.  The third command dups stderr over
stdout, but doesn't output anything either.  The first two commands
run in background.  You wait for the third command, but it finishes
immediately anyway.

Almost correct - the final "2>1" just tries to execute a command called "2"
and redirects its stdout to a plain file called "1".

Cheers,

--Amos