Michael Lake wrote:
William Bennett wrote:
I have the opportunity to a) upgrade to Fedora 5 and b) buy a Seagate
160MB internal hard drive, hopefully to facilitate the Fedora.
It's a Fujitsu S Series Lifebook.
I've not done this before. Would the new hard drive "fit" the laptop and
would it give the BIOS a hard time?

Make sure you can physically do an install of the drive at home. Do you have the tools to undo little screws with special heads, what other parts of the laptop need to be disassembled to install the hard drive etc.

When the screen on my Ti PowerBook broke I found a site on the web that listed all the special tools I would need like star screwdrivers and the actual procedure and I could see that it wasn't going to be easy at all. I would have had to disassemble the entire laptop to get a new screen installed.

Mike
Hard drives usually are not so bad, but finding a illustrated howto is good for finding out about the hidden screw there usually is
Ken