This one time, at band camp, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> One needs only to look at what a nice job the census folk did (every browser
> tried worked perfectly) to be able to declare that:

To be fair, collecting a census is quite a bit simpler than collecting a
tax return.  The sheer size of the Taxpack compared to the size of the
census form should make that obvious.

What you've got is a web developer who doesn't know how to develop
platform independently quoting n times the development time where n is
the number of browser/platform combinations to be supported.  As opposed
to developing in a platform-independent way and testing with a smaller
number of platforms (with the inevitable tweaks required to make it work
in IE).

Most "web developers" still think this way.  They shouldn't be allowed
to call themselves web developers but "IE developers".

--
Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.rumble.net

 "Call me a cynic, but for me "much more stable than the last
  version of Windows" is not exactly a ringing endorsement."
- James Riden