Heracles wrote:
Firefox for AMD64 has to be the worst piece of crap ever written; just use epiphany (if you run gnome) or konqueror (if you run KDE). I used to love firefox on my old system; it was fast and easy to use. The new version just uses up ALL my processor and memory as soon as it is started and brings the system to a standstill. I have to switch to a command line to stop it after which everything returns to normal.

What happened to it between 1.5 and 2.0? My current version is 2.0.0.2 but the problem has existed since 2.0. I am now using epiphany and occasionally konqueror (without flash) and don't have the hassle.

I don't know exactly but I have been experiencing strange things too.
-E.G. flash plugin crashes the browser on several sites (something in a flash swf must cause this)
-Browser freezes and dies unpredictably.

I've gone back to using 1.5.0.

This is on FC5 32bit.

Kr.
Luke.