Hi all,

I have recently a set up a ubuntu edgy print server with a HP 3330
LaserJet.  Printing is working well from linux clients but my XP clients all
give this message after I install the printer and then try to print a test
page.  Even when i use the same login creditals that work on the linux
machines.

"Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter
for assistance? Access is denied"

Has anyone seen this before?  My cupsd.conf and smb.conf appear below.
Thanks in advance.............. =)

*********SAMBA*********

[global]
       workgroup = GUARDIAN
       server string =
       obey pam restrictions = Yes
       passdb backend = tdbsam
       passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
       passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
       syslog = 0
       log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
       max log size = 1000
       printcap name = cups
       dns proxy = No
       invalid users = root
       printing = cups
       print command =
       lpq command = %p
       lprm command =

[printers]
       comment = Use this for All Printers
       path = /var/spool/samba
       printer admin = root, trent
       guest ok = Yes
       printable = Yes
       browseable = No

[print$]
       comment = Printer Drivers
       path = /var/lib/samba/printers
       guest ok = Yes

****cups.conf *****************

# Administrator user group...
SystemGroup lpadmin

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
Listen 631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
Listen 10.73.75.250:631

# Show shared printers on the local network.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow @LOCAL
BrowseAddress @LOCAL

# Default authentication type, when authentication is required...
DefaultAuthType Basic

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
#Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 10.73.75.*
</Location>

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location /admin>
 Order allow,deny
 Allow localhost
</Location>

# Restrict access to configuration files...
<Location /admin/conf>
 AuthType Basic
 Require user @SYSTEM
 Order allow,deny
 Allow localhost
</Location>

# Set the default printer/job policies...
<Policy default>
 # Job-related operations must be done by the owner or an adminstrator...
 <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs
Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
   Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>

 # All administration operations require an adminstrator to authenticate...
 <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Set-Printer-Attributes Enable-Printer
Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs
Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer
Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After
CUPS-Add-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Class CUPS-Delete-Class
CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs CUPS-Set-Default>

   AuthType Basic
   Require user @SYSTEM
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>

 # Only the owner or an administrator can cancel or authenticate a job...
 <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
   Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>

 <Limit All>
   Order deny,allow
 </Limit>
</Policy>

--
Regards,

Trent Murray

--
Regards,

Trent Murray
IT Consultant
Guardian Technology Group

T:   0419 39 99 78
F:   02 9543 7654
E:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   >> received direct to mobile phone
M:  P.O Box 3269 Bangor N.S.W 2234

Member of Linux Australia
Registered Microsoft Business Partner