Alfresco certainly looks impressive and its concepts fit well with the other
software architecture my client is currently using.

Thank you everyone for your valuable input.

On 4/12/07, Sonia Hamilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

* On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 02:12:04AM +1000, Craige McWhirter wrote:
> There are a number of content management systems that can do this but
> the simplest method is probably via the already suggested Alfresco.
> Alfresco is a document management system. There's a number of handy
> features such as revision control, document checkout's, access control
> lists, etc.
> <snip>
> If you are after a content management system that can be edited online
> and form manuals on the fly, the "collaborative books" feature of
> Drupal, a php based CMS, is really well suited to online, collaborative
> document authoring.

You may also want to consider Drupal over Alfresco if the scope of the
project is likely expand in future - Drupal has large number of modules
that to extend it's functionality.

--
Sonia Hamilton                   |  GNU/Linux - 'free' as in