On 13/04/2007, at 3:10 PM, Sonia Hamilton wrote:

If you feel it isn't reading the conf file, could it be errors related
to postfix chrooting? On my server I do this in /etc/fstab, so postfix
can access saslauthd:

Hey Sonia, thanks for the reply.

I've tried it both chrooted and none-chrooted, same result with both (the old server ISN'T, but I get the same results on the new server chroot or no chroot)

It's only a hunch that it's not reading the smtpd.conf, not sure where postfix gets it list of auth mechs from if it's not in there.

Also, is postfix a member of the sasl group?

Yep
#egrep sasl /etc/group
sasl:x:45:postfix

Any other ideas?