Hi,

I use vmware server on linux.
It runs fine. It starts as a service. You just have to answer a few questions to start it up.

you can download *FREE* vmware server licenses from vmware.com
make sure gcc is installed. Yum install gcc (I use CentOS)

then run /usr/bin/vmware-config.pl
this guides you through the install.

start it with /usr/bin/vmware and/or set it in services.
It's pretty easy as Jeff says.

Post to the list and i'll help out where I can.

This is if you want virtualisation. If you want a remote display then there are different options... like VNC.
Ben

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

I've googled for days, read everything, found one multi-page document
using virtual displays, yet nowhere have I found:
VMware Server (which is free) is very easy to run at boot.
Pointers p-p-p-pl-pl-please

http://www.vmware.com/products/server/

- Jeff