On 11/05/07, Peter Chubb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ben> Hi all, I have a new centos box with a boot partition and a large
Ben> raid array of over 3TB.

Ha.  So you're using XFS?  ext[23] on 32-bit systems have problems
with such a large system.  Software or hardware raid?  Software raid
has had a few problems with large disk arrays in the past.

What about ext3 on 64 bit platform? I'm about to setup a 1.5TB RAID array
which might grow later and was thinking of using ext3 simply because it's
more "mainstream" and appears to have all the tools to do stuff with it
(grow/shrink/fix/etc.). Maximum speed is less of a concern for this
particular setup.

--Amos