On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 11:01:16 +1000, david wrote:

> Using Ubuntu 7.04, should I be worried?

Probably not.

> Is it just a case of
>         <dpkg-reconfigure xorg-xserver>
>         <dpkg-reconfigure alsa-????>
> or is it more complicated than that.

If your motherboard has onboard networking, you may also need to change
/etc/iftab to have the new MAC address.

> I'm also a bit worried that fstab might get messed up. I've got one IDE
> and one SATA drive, and my system doesn't use the standard UUID that

I wouldn't expect the device names to change.  Sometimes the ordering of
hd* changes between releases (Breezy -> Dapper did that to me), but it's
unlikely to do that if all you're doing is changing the motherboard.

Cheers,

John
--
I find the iron law of Oracle holds for almost all software: *Every* default
setting is wrong, often painfully so.