Hi Roger,

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 02:32:55PM +1000, RgSalisbury wrote:
> Has anyone any insight as to why RedHat Enterprise Level 5 is broken as far
> as PXE booting is concerned.
>

> Is there a Protocol communication problem ????????
>
> It seems:
>
> the PXE CLIENT when booting cannot access files in  the "pxelinux.cfg" dir
>
> RHEL4 works just fine !!
>
> But RHEL5 seems to be broken..... is the TFTP SERVER broken
> (tftp-server-0.42-3.1.i386.rpm)
>

> Client very SLOWLY displays thus:
>
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/AC1000FD
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/AC1000F
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/AC1000
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/AC100
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/AC10
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/AC1
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/AC
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/A
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/default

Not sure if you sorted this out Roger, but I just ran into it myself. I bet
you've
got the rpmforge repository enabled, right?

Apparently there's a change in way the latest versions of syslinux (3.50, 3.51
- which
are on rpmforge, not in base) query for images. I haven't yet figured out how
to fix
it, but if you revert to syslinux 3.35 or earlier it will magically start
working
again. I've seen the problem with both vanilla tftp-server and dnsmasq's tftp.

Cheers,
Gavin