Heracles wrote:
> Hi,
> How do I tell Ubuntu to ignore the built in via sound card and use my
> Sound Blaster Live sound card. I can tell some programs to use it but
> flash and some others ignore it. Is there a way to tell ubuntu (7.0.4
> btw) to completely ignore the via sound system?

First, run in a terminal:

   sudo asoundconf list

which will give you a list of the names of the cards

then:

  sudo asoundconf set-default-card <name-of-card>

You will have to restart any sound apps running already before they use
the new card.

If you need to switch between cards often,

  apt-get install asoundconf-gtk

will add a "Default sound card" option to your system -> preferences menu

Or you could just turn it off in the BIOS if you never use it.

-- Felix