On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 13:37 +1000, Gavin Carr wrote:
> Hey sluggers,
>
> Anyone have any pointers to open source projects (or features of projects)
> around WAN link optimisation? I'm specifically looking for a way of
> duplicating traffic across multiple links to avoid resends on high latency
> links, but I'm interested in the whole area.

Hey Gavin,

Don't have references handy, but I expect that you would be able to
improve performance substantially by tinkering some values in proc.
Specifically I'm thinking of selecting a different retransmit algorithm
for TCP, and enabling the various 'smart ACK' schemes available these
days. All the usual stuff like increasing send and receive buffers and
enabling window scaling applies as well.

There's some good stuff about tuning linux for trans-continental links
out there, which I've previously found with google.

HTH,

James.

--
     James Gregory  --  http://codelore.com  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]