Printing works fine on boxes upgraded to feisty but machine reinstalled with fiesty from alternate cd after a change of motherboard and processor wont install printer. Display issues stopped use of graphical installer as the windows were larger than the screen, so some buttons could not be clicked to progress. /Home partition is preserved from previous installs. Printer is HPLaserjet1320 network printer that has been simple to install in the past.

Progress through installling printer with gnome-cups-manager but when click final apply no new printer icon is displayed.

And this error when running sudo gnome-cups-manager from the command line:

(gnome-cups-manager:7634): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1280

googling finds numerous instances of this from dapper, edgy and fiesty, a few fixes but none that work for me.

There is a mention of the printer in gnome-cups-manager screens but it is not able to be activated on selection, or able to be removed.
Is there a configuration file that I could edit to remove and restart?
cheers
Ken