Hi Rufi,

you should be able to eject the drive with just the power cable plugged in and not the IDE cable. (If it is an IDE cable that is). Power should be enough to eject. You can power down the machine and disconnect the drive IDE cable and power on the machine and eject the DVD. Alternatively you can use a strong paper clip to eject the DVD. If the power only will not eject, you have a faulty DVD drive.
Ben

Rufi_Dukes wrote:
after finally enabling mulitmedia in my new computer the other day,
and watching one video,
today i burnt an iso of some other distro, but noticed that i could
only use the second drive;
and neither drive would play audio or video, but i *did* manage to
burn the cd...
then, 2 hours later i come back to my machine to try and figure out
what is wrong, when lo, things get even stickier!....now the second
drive won't open!!!???

anyone help talk me thru what i can do to sort this out;
or direct me to a good source of info/howtos all about drives: reading
them, mounting them, troubleshooting them...?

rufus

feisty on intel core 2 quad;
two dvd drives