hi,

a good german computer magazine has released a debian based server bundle, with
many to suite tailored scripts.
surely the download page and the scripts are in germany, but as it is a debian
fork... why not give it a try...
http://www.heise.de/ct/projekte/srv/download.shtml

the actual cd image is from 2005 but the magazine and community is still
working on it...

regarding the hardware... I would pay special attention on power consumption of
new bought components.

Cheers

Sebastian

PS: sorry for the doublepost stephen.
Stephen Black wrote:
I need a home Linux server to act as a 1. Proxy Server
2. Web Server (For Web development only)
3. Proxy Mail Server
5. Print Server (Needing a USB 2.0 ports)
6. File Server
7. IP Tables firewall

Does anybody have any ideas as what would make a good Linux server and
where such a computer could be obtained for a reasonable price?