Hi Peter,

Peter Chubb wrote:
>       How can I install the bare minimum --- something like the
> result of debootstrap --- just enough to run yum?  As it'll be in a
> chroot I don't need any network utilities, etc,

Using a kickstart file, you could install a system just using the "base"
package group. So in your kickstart file you'd just have the following
for the packages that you want to install:

%packages --resolvedeps
@ base

You should then definitely end up with less than 1.2G. If you look in
the file Redhat/base/comps.xml, you can have a look at all the various
package groups (and what they contain) available to you during install time.

--
dave.