On 18/09/2007, Glen Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> System administrators usually administer a whole scad of machines. They
> are much more inclined to centralise authentication, use their own
> repository containing meta-packages of software and configure these
> using cfengine or puppet.

You are right. But until I get around to setup puppet in our new
environment, and being not very familiar with CenOS (and with CentOS
installing so much junk initially, or at least that's what I get from my
hosting service), it would be nice to have a more friendly interface than
"rpm -qa | grep name", "yum erase name", "yum search ...", "yum install"
etc..

--Amos