yes, some googling resulted in finding at least one version of getty.c that
only had "login:" hard-coded.

However there are lots of reference to "pam_user_prompt" which seem to
indicate that you can add a pam module to allow a change to be configured.
Someone might be able to add a clue - or just keep on following the google
conga!

--
Regards, Martin

Martin Visser