-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Erik de Castro Lopo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Kevin Shackleton wrote:

> Creating an audio group, assigning /dev/dsp to the audio group and
> adding myself to the audio group made no difference.

If you type 'groups' in an xterm, are you in the audio group?

Whats the output of "ls -l /dev/dsp"?

Is xmms set up to use /dev/dsp for output or is it ALSA?

Is you machine using read OSS /dev/dsp or the ALSA emulation? If
its the emulation, are the snd_pcm_oss and snd_mixer_oss modules
loaded?

Is it possible some other application has a lock on the audio output
preventing xmms from playing?

Have you tried playing audio with any other applications?

Erik