On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 14:48 +1000, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> You know, in the days of parallel printers it always used to seem really
> silly to me that printers never came with interface cables, and they
> claimed it was because there were different types of parallel
> interfaces, even well after DB25 parallel connectors became fully
> standardized.  I can't believe they're still pulling this ruse when
> EVERY computer in the last 4-5 (6-8?) years has USB.

Apparently the reason they get away with this is because these
multifunction devices are considered 'standalone' machines. They don't
need to be connected to a PC to be useful. Just shop around for the usb
cable and chances are you will find one cheaper than the one offered at
printer sale time.

Cheers,

Andrew S