<quote who="david">

> that's excellent! I had no idea you could do that. Ask SLUG and you get
> all these great answers.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/test $ sed -e "sxfoox/barxg" foo
> /bar is barred
>
> That sort of thing will save a lot of messing around with escaping
> characters.

My muscle memory now prefers # as a sed delimiter instead of /... which can
be problematic with some implementations, but not in the imporant ones (GNU
sed, vim, etc). ;-) # tends to be safe in more contexts than most of the
other character's I've tried.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

   You know the end is nigh when modern art is relegated to the status of
                                  "meme".