>> any thoughts ?
>

> There was a question about FTP servers here not long ago - some of the
> advanced ones can be configured to allow/deny certain operations (e.g.
> upload/download/list/delete/move each can be allowed or denied per user).
>  Which FTP server is this?

Amos,

# proftpd --version
 - ProFTPD Version 1.2.9

in use for a long time, going by date of proftpd.conf, not altered since 2004

--------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]# cat proftpd.conf

ServerType      standalone
DefaultServer                   on
ServerIdent                     on "FTP Server ready."
ServerAdmin                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AccessGrantMsg                  "User %u logged in."

DeferWelcome                    off

# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new dirs and files
# from being group and world writable.
Umask                           022

MaxInstances                    30

User                            nobody
Group                           nobody

TimeoutIdle 1800
TimeoutNoTransfer 1800

# To cause every FTP user to be "jailed" (chrooted) into their home
# directory, uncomment this line.
DefaultRoot ~

# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
<Directory />
  AllowOverwrite                on
</Directory>

# A basic anonymous configuration, no upload directories.  If you do not
# want anonymous users, simply delete this entire <Anonymous> section.