On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 11:04:08 +1000, Amos Shapira wrote:

> What about having a partition table on the disk? Would it help to have or
> not have one?

Mostly it doesn't seem to make a difference, but I do have one device
(a GPS) that doesn't handle memory cards with a partition table.  Ubuntu
doesn't properly handle the card if it doesn't have one, but it's only a
minor problem.  It mounts both the entire device and partition 1 (e.g.
/dev/sdb and /dev/sdb1), but otherwise has no problems using the card.

Cheers,

John
--
I have seen pr0n on an HP 48SX.  The viewing software implemented a
"virtual desktop".  Right breast, scroll, scroll, scroll, left breast.