On 11/2/07, Antonio Cosimo Costantino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> My Australian (digital) life is in danger... I have to change ISP!!! ahah!!!
>
> I'm looking for one unlimited and unshaped ADSL plan, and I found these:
>
> 1. http://oznet.net.au/oznet/dsl/adsl.home.htm
>         and then                ADSL Home Price
>
> 2. http://www.shiftreload.com.au/internet-access-pricing.asp
>         the best option would be ADSL 512-UL
>
> I wonder if these companies, which are very cheap compared to the "mainstream"
> as Telstra, offer a reliable service.
>
> Could anyone tell me something more (bad and good experiences) than what is on
> their webpages?

You won't find an "unlimited and unshaped" DSL plan anywhere in
Australia. You'll either get one or the other.

As for the two you've highlighted above - I have two words for you -
rip and off. $65 a month for a 500 meg download allowance at 256/64
from one, and $34 a month for 1 gig a month at 256/64 from the other?
I pay $70 a month for 60 gig a month of download allowance at ADSL2+
speeds.

I suggest you head here

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au

Type in your phone number, and search plans from there. You can get
way better deals than either of the places you've quoted - both faster
*and* cheaper. If you're lucky enough to be on an ADSL2+ enabled
exchange, you can get *much* faster.

DaZZa