On 15/11/2007, Matthew Hannigan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:08:44AM +1100, Grant Parnell wrote:
> > It's pretty dangerous unless you've got a secure email (eg PGP signed &
> > encrypted) but consider this:-
>
> There's a package in debian which can do this more or
> less safely because it uses gpg singed mail or similar.
>
> I'm afraid the name of the package escapes me at this moment.
>
> Debianites?

Pronto.

$ apt-cache search gpg mail command
grunt - Secure remote execution via UUCP or e-mail using GPG
lbdb - The little brother's database for the mutt mail reader
mew-beta-bin - external commands for Mew (development version)
$ apt-cache show grunt
Package: grunt
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 88
Maintainer: John Goerzen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.5.1
Depends: python (>= 2.1), python-support (>= 0.2), python-gnupginterface
Suggests: uucp, procmail | mailfilter
Filename: pool/main/g/grunt/grunt_0.5.1_all.deb
Size: 9472
MD5sum: 95ec880905f9ac37ed54ebf0c2957f59
SHA1: 05ba5d9cf72052e40589fd877c8288f229221bea
SHA256: 5e3947be2879d04fedf4f16197d8acfe64bb4c66f740aceebc161da9ec56f1ae
 GRUNT is a tool to let you execute commands remotely, offline.
 It will also let you copy files to a remote machine.
 .
 To do that, it will use GPG to digitally sign data that you send
 to your account on a remote machine.  If the signature is valid
 and authorized, the remote will carry out the requested action or
 save the included file.  Thus, it is similar to ssh, but for offline
 use.
 .
 Commands run remotely can have their stdin supplied, and when executed,
 the stdin supplied to grunt will be sent to the command.
Tag: implemented-in::python, interface::commandline, role::program,
scope::utility, security::authentication, works-with::mail

The package's "copyright" file doesn't list where it was downloaded it
from (as I think it should), but i hope this will give you something
to follow.

--Amos