Chris Allen wrote:
I notice when when I look at boxes for new hardware (& some software) it
often says it will run a PC or MAC with rarely a mention of Linux.  I
presume that means under M$ systems for the PC.

For the MAC, I understand the standard operating system is bases on Unix
(or Linux).  Does this imply that if it runs for a MAC, it will also run
on a Linux PC?

mac os x is based on darwin [1] and this has nothing to with linux - except that is a *nix-like. so, even if it is mentioned that certain hardware works under linux or windows, this does NOT mean that it works with mac or vice versa.

br, gottfried

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_%28operating_system%29