How much would it cost to hire someone, anyone, to come around and not only
install Gentoo, but take me through what you are doing etc? you know, teach
me the ropes?
(Before anyone gets carried away, I am perfectly aware of all the
documentation on the subject).

It would have to be while my other half is at work, which obviously narrows
this down to pretty much the [EMAIL PROTECTED] or the unemployed.
The weekends are not feasible either unfortunately.

Me? I'm in my mid twenties, been dabbling with Linux since Slackware came in
30 odd floppies. Never got in to Gentoo and I think I'm about ready to let
go of Ubuntu (or the safety wheels).
I'm actually starting to feel held back by Ubuntu. No, I do not want to get
in a 20 page discussion about it *grin*.
I'm going to go ahead and cross post this in the aus-loco/ubuntu list
because I know not everyone only uses (or is proficient) with Ubuntu.

Cheers guys, and happy new years to all.

--
When one burns ones bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.