On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 19:08 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > >Perhaps it would be useful to say,
> > > "we're only really interested in talking to your Open Source
> Office
> > > people". :-)
> >
> > I don't think that that is useful, particularly as its not true.
>
> Er, what is not true?

The clause in your sentence following 'perhaps it would be useful to
say' (which is the obvious binding :)). so...

>  c) Perhaps it would be useful to say, "we're only really interested
> in
>  talking to your Open Source Office people". (Are you suggesting it
> wouldn't
>  be useful to say this?)

I'm saying its not true that 'we're only really interested...' because:
 - I'd certainly be interested in anyone up the management chain from
the open source office
 - folk from the open source office are really not interested to me for
the reasons I pointed out..

> I never claimed that company-wide policy was set in the Open Source
> Office,
> in fact I've made the same point you have re: decision-making on a
> number of
> occasions in the thread (particularly where it migrated to other
> lists).

I did not claim that you made such a claim [there's no need to highlight
that you didn't make that claim]; I said that such folk are not
interesting because they don't set policy high enough up in the company
to prevent the behaviour that is the issue here...

-Rob