On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 09:58 +1100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>         I have seen those problems also.
>
>         If you are certain that you have the correct driver (this must
>         be right) then try supplying a username and password.
>
>         It is quite possible that 'nobody' doesn't have the correct
>         access with samba for the printer share to be able to print.
>
>         Within Samba, it checks username/passwords.. even to print..
>
>         Cleanest way is to make sure you have the user registered on
>         the debian etch printing machine with smbpasswd.
>
>         In the print administration, click and select the log in with
>         a user option if you need to test with a know userid/password.

Why use samba for any of the printing stuff?
Cups works perfectly, nicely, properly.

I even use cups for windows to print raw to an epson photo printer, the
only missing bit is the ink-level feedback and despite all the PR
epson's win print of photos is better than their linux offering.
(Clearly Visible)
James